Wednesday, January 8, 2014

"Change requires courage"

The title is an important quote from the book Fried, Why You Burn Our and How to Revive by Joan Borysenko, Ph.D.  I read this book last year and highlighted it like crazy.  You come to a point and you feel like everything has just been dumped on you for years and years and suddenly you realize you haven't taken the time to brush yourself off.  So do you live like you have been or make a change? Only you can change you.  You can't change anyone but yourself.  I know that many of you probably feel stuck in one or more aspects of your life.  I did and still do, but you are not.  Change takes courage.  Find the courage to make the changes necessary in order to bring more joy into your life.

But where do you find the courage??  It will be different for all of us but here are some options.

  • Ask yourself, "What needs to change?"  Figure that out first!
  • Join a club or group and meet new people
  • Pray
  • Read books about happiness
  • Meditation
  • Therapy
  • Talk with your spouse, family or friends-people who will encourage you
  • Breathe often during the day
  • Exercise
  • Yoga
  • Surround yourself with positive quotes
  • Email me 
Personally, I find the courage knowing that God has a plan for me and her will take care of me.  My husband is a great one for keeping things in perspective and he his my rock.  

Warm thoughts~
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment